Sports injuries are a common occurrence, especially among young athletes. While most injuries are minor and can be treated at home, some require more serious medical attention. Do you suspect you have sustained a sports injury? We'd be glad to help here at Total Body Healthcare in Hermitage, TN.
Dr. Ed can evaluate the area where you're experiencing pain to determine the type of injury you have and treat it suitably. You'll also benefit from our advice on how to protect yourself from future injuries.
What Are Common Sports Injuries?
- • Sprains and strains: These are the most common types of sports injuries. They occur when the ligaments, tendons, or muscles are stretched beyond their normal range, causing pain, swelling, and bruising.
- • Knee injuries: Knee injuries are particularly common in sports such as basketball, football, and soccer. They may include fractures, dislocations, and cartilage tears
- • Tennis elbow: Tennis elbow is a condition that affects the muscles and tendons around the elbow. It is caused by repetitive use of these muscles, such as when playing tennis.
- • Shin splints: Shin splints are a condition that affects the lower leg. They are caused by overuse of the muscles and tendons in the shin area.
- • Back pain: Back pain is a common complaint among athletes. It may be caused by weak muscles, poor posture, or improper lifting techniques.
This is not an exhaustive list, but it provides a general overview of the types of sports injuries that can occur.
How Does Chiropractic Care for Sports Injury Treatment Work?
Chiropractic care is a non-invasive treatment that can help to relieve pain and speed up the healing process. Our chiropractor will first assess the injury and then develop a treatment plan specifically for you. That may include chiropractic adjustments, physical therapy, rehabilitation exercises, massage therapy, ice/heat therapy, electrical stimulation, etc. Your treatment may involve one or a combination of several of these techniques. If you are experiencing pain as a result of a sports injury, we suggest you come in for a consultation. Our chiropractor can help you get back to your normal routine as quickly as possible.
How to Prevent Sports Injuries
The best way to prevent sports injuries is to take precautions and use the proper safety equipment.
Some tips for preventing sports injuries include:
- • Wearing the proper safety gear, such as a helmet, pads, and braces
- • Stretching before and after exercise
- • Strengthening the muscles through exercise
- • Taking breaks and allowing the body to rest
- • Avoiding overexertion
- • Practicing safe lifting techniques
Visit Total Body Healthcare in Hermitage, TN, for Sports Injury Treatment
If you have sustained a sports injury, we invite you to come in for a consultation. Our chiropractor can evaluate the injury and develop a treatment plan specifically for you. Call (615) 678-8745 to schedule an appointment